You should be investing some time trying to find the best local realtor for a number of reasons. One, they are going to work as your representative and close the deal between you and the homeowner. Secondly, they will utilize their experience to find your house and get your offer presented in a way that appeals to the seller. Here is how you can narrow down the search and find the best local realtor to work with furnished to us by the Charleston Homes for sale website goPremierOne.com:
1. With so many realtors to choose from, the best way to narrow down the search is to go where the realtors hang out. Facebook groups is a great place to start because not only are locals talking about their experiences with realtors, you are going to see certain aggressive realtors offer their assistance and knowledge to posters whenever possible.
2. Your local Chamber of Commerce recognizes excellence in many areas, one being real estate. If you find your local office and ask for information, these guides will usually showcase the top realtors and the awards they have received this year. These realtors are always working hard to satisfy customers and attract new ones.
3. Chances are really good that one of your friends or coworkers has dealt with or knows someone who has bought or sold a house this year. This is the time to pick their brains and get some real third-party neutral insight into how this realtor performed. These folks have nothing to gain either way, so their comments are usually very helpful at judging the realtors they worked with.
4. Many local newspapers are packed with advertisements from local realtors. Take a look at these papers and any publications that you get in the mail with local coupons and promo codes. When you see a realtor over and over again, they have to pay for that advertising, and that means they are closing deals and busting their butt to be able to afford those expensive ads.
5. Now that you have a few realtors in mind, take some time to visit their websites and read about their awards, testimonials from other residents, and get a feel for how they conduct themselves and could you see yourself working with this particular person long-term. Here you can communicate with the realtor or ask for information.
These are just a few places to look for the best local realtor. Although there are many other places, this is a great jumping off point to get the process underway.