In order to ensure the absolute best times out on the water with your boat, you have to take precautionary measures on a consistent basis. If you take the time to get familiar with these tips, from Boatmo.com a leading pontoon boats listing site, it will be easier to implement them.
1. Take a boat safety class to become more familiar with all the things can may go wrong when you are miles out at sea with your boat.
2. Invest in a good weather radio. Storms can pop up in the blink of an eye, best to have as much information on hand as possible.
3. Never leave the safety of the shore without having a filled first aid kit on the boat in case of any emergency.
4. Charge your cell phone and keep it in a waterproof container in the event you need it for GPS or to make a call to shore.
5. Be sure that you tell one person staying at shore where you will be and when you are expected to arrive back to the docks. In case anything goes wrong they can notify the authorities where to start searching.
6. Always fill up before you head out for the day. Make sure you know where all the fuel stations are during your daily trip.
7. Have a skilled boat mechanic look over your vessel and repair anything that needs attention before you head out for the next trip. Just like your vehicle, quarterly checks can be vital in keeping the boat safe.
8. Be sure that you have more than enough life jackets on the boat for every person on the trip including yourself.
9. Never mix alcohol and driving a boat. Too many things can go wrong and you are responsible for each person on your boat that day.
10. Obey all boating signs, from speed limits to wake zones. Traveling too fast and you may not see a person in the water until too late.
11. Make sure that you bring plenty of water and refreshments on board just in case one of your passengers gets motion sickness.
12. Be sure that you have all the appropriate documents on board in the event you are stopped by the police and they check.
13. If water crafting, be sure that you play in designated areas where all your guests are not in harm’s way.
There you go, 13 tips for ensuring that your next boat trip will be most enjoyable. Keep this list handy and you will be sure to have memorable moments to cherish for a lifetime.